Re: Booting Debian 10 installer ISO from USB

Le mercredi 20 novembre 2019 18:50:04 UTC+1, pru...@finsakxim.com.mx a écrit :

> So in the end no one being able to help booting Debian 10 with grub
> loopback?
> My grub.cfg and symptoms are back in first post of this thread.
> Cannot understand why Debian kernel/initrd are unable to find the ISO,
> even with hd-media...

I am not familiar with the Grub syntax so maybe I am wrong, but I think you should follow the syntax exposed in the wiki more closely:
- your pre-declaratives (iso_path, search, loopback) could be better placed between the menuentry brackets, because these items are entry specific and this could be a problem with several entries (from what I gather your goal is to have one USB key as a tool to install several OSes?)?
- you seem to boot the hd-media kernel with the hd-media initrd while the trick in the wiki seems to boot the iso image kernel with the hd-media initrd

I have never tested this kind of things so perhaps my observations are totally irrelevant...