Re: getting crystalsvg icon set in response to okular warnings

On Tue 19 Nov 2019 at 10:11:53 (-0800), Dan Hitt wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 9:43 AM Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> > On 2019-11-19, Dan Hitt <dan.hitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > So probably at this point i need to use a different pdf reader.
> >
> > I don't see why, but we've come full circle. Offhand, I can think of
> > mupdf (no printing) and xpdf.
>
> xpdf and mupdf both work without emitting extraneous warnings,

Do you have some sort of agenda (your PDF viewer occasionally says
something that interests you) or would it suffice to add 2>/dev/null
to the command line.

> although
> afaict they don't have easy ways for random access to pages.

Eh? There's a little box at the foot of the xpdf window which contains
the page number. You can focus it with the mouse and edit it, but
it's easier to press g. which focuses and selects it, so that you only
have to type the page number you want. It also maintains a stack of
pages that you've visited which you can run back and forth along with
the ⇠ and ⇢ keys.

> (There are
> also a couple of screen-saver type pdf viewers, pdf-presenter-console being
> one with some controls, and pdfcube as well, with i think fewer controls.)

Yes, xpdf has a presentation mode which loses the control buttons, but
you can set all manner of key bindings yourself, including toggling in
and out of that mode if you feel it's necessary.

> We'll see what we can do.

Cheers,
David.