Re: getting crystalsvg icon set in response to okular warnings

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 1:20 AM Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
On 2019-11-19, Dan Hitt <dan.hitt@gmail.com> wrote:

> So i suppose the kde terminal is set up with just the right environment
> variables or something.
>
> Any clues are appreciated!! :)

I am not fastidious enough to be disturbed by a warning that results in no
ulterior effect. But I'm not you.

Apparently, installing the 'kinit' package has been known to make the warning
vanish (as per bug #869151, which might conceivably be related to, but
is not precisely, your gnat).

“The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence
is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.”
"Speak, Memory," Vladimir Nabokov

Thanks Curt!

I already had kinit installed.  I tried installing kinit-dev in a grasping-at-straws move,
and it also had no effect.

One other thing i tried was to see if launching okular from the kde terminal app konsole would help.  It doesn't.

So probably at this point i need to use a different pdf reader.

The reason i'm using okular in the first place is that evince also emits what i think is an inappropriate error message:   when you try to open a pdf file for which you do not have a *.tex source, it complains.  :)

I appreciate all the help!

dan