Re: alternatives to gmail?

On 19/11/2019 18:44, Karen Lewellen wrote:
i. have. no. interest. in. finding. webmail software!

Yes, you want to find an email hosting company.

But specifically you need to find an email hosting company that provides webmail software that works as you need it to.

Knowing what webmail software works for you would rather help in this, wouldn't it.

You can try every email hosting company under the sun or you can try software (and find some you like) and then find a company that hosts it. The two approaches are not mutually exclusive.

Your method does not provide a firm and absolute way of determining the presence  of such webmail software.

Actually, yes it does. But it needs you to do some research, just as you did with Protonmail (as below)!

My own method, which is how I checked out Protonmail,  involved visiting their   webmail interface via a link from their site..and I knew swiftly if it was workable, end of investigation.

Exactly! And that is what I have been suggesting, except I have been suggesting that you do it from the software perspective, thus allowing you to perhaps more efficiently, more quickly, and more usefully find companies that actually do host the webmail software that works as you need it.

Finding out what works (in terms of webmail software) would surely be an advance on where you are now, as it would then allow you to find email companies that host it.

--
Mark Rousell