Re: alternatives to gmail?

Actually, no.
Protonmail does not work in either links or elinks, as it requires a different configuration of JavaScript.

On Tue, 19 Nov 2019, ghe wrote:

On 11/19/19 9:16 AM, Karen Lewellen wrote:

yet another reason to find another email provider, not to be confused
with a webmail program requiring an email server I do not have for a
computer i do not own running a Linux distribution I cannot access.

Sorry, I misspoke. Protonmail isn't webmail, it's a web based email
client just like Gmail, but with some significant improvements. If you
can use Gmail on a browser, you can use Protonmail on the same browser.

I heard about it in an article on Internet privacy in the New York
Times. For use by us mortals, for sure.

--
Glenn English