Re: Installing Debian 10 Buster With Custom LUKS Options

Quoting encrypt10n@riseup.net (2019-10-30 16:09:00)
> Thank you for your reply. I found many articles about using FDE with
> detached header but all of them are saying "disable secure boot
> first". Then i did some research on the internet and found this video
> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-pvLMHtRSA). This guy is explaining
> Debian 10 Buster supports Secure Boot. I have some questions about
> this. Can i use detached header key in UEFI systems with Debian 10?
> And when i enabled advanced options can i see the Serpent and other
> options on LUKS step?
>
> P.S: I have no UEFI computer yet and for this reason i have to ask
> these, sorry.

Secure Boot is independent from disk encryption.

Disable Secure Boot when boot routines do not support it, or disable it
always if you don't care about the features that mechanism offers.

I alreaddy pointed you to the documentation that documents(!) what you
_should_ be able to see. I cannot tell what you _can_ see (that depends
e.g. on how sleepy you are, which way your head is turning relative to
your screen, whether or not your screen is turned on, etc.).

Good luck!

 - Jonas