Re: Installing Debian 10 Buster With Custom LUKS Options

[re-posting to list]

Quoting encrypt10n@riseup.net (2019-10-30 00:51:00)
> Dear Debian Family,
>
> Hope you are good. I have a LUKS project on Debian but i don't know
> exactly how can i do this. Let me explain the details.
>
> I watched a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cchdw75WKXQ) and he
> was explaining how to install Kubuntu with custom LUKS options with
> detached header in a USB thumb drive and i liked that project and i
> wanted to do this on Debian 10 but i don't have enough knowledge about
> that. My questions:
>
> 1) How can i use detached header on UEFI computer?
> 2) How can i use Serpent instead of AES on Debian?
>
> The most important question (in short) how can i adapt this project to
> Debian 10 Buster?
>
> My goal is installing Debian 10 Buster like this project.

Enable "Expert" mode in "Advanced options" initially in debian-installer
- then you should have all options available to you at disk formatting
time:
https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/ch06s03.da.html#di-partition

 - Jonas