Re: Bootable USB Buster System

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 7:01 AM Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
On 10/27/2019 04:27 AM, deloptes wrote:
> Tom Browder wrote:
>
>> That would be great! As usual, the Devil is in the details!
>
> well, it is not a rocket science as shown above - I'll post here this
> evening or tomorrow. I need to redo this on the debian system and see if
> there are some differences

Would what you do explicitly depend on EFI?
I don't have a clear idea of what Kenneth described in his original post.
HOWEVER, having such a system might be worthwhile to explore some of my
ideas. I have a collection of elderly machines, some with only legacy BIOS.

I'll tell you what I've experienced, trying to install on some "ancient" systems.  For some, strange reason, the Install "thinks" that the "ancient" BIOS is "UEFI Friendly", and then I end up in a situation where I'm thrown into the GRUB Command Line without ability to, even manually get the Linux System to boot.

Background:  One of my "volunteer activities" is to "Rehabilitate" really old Hardware, to keep it off our Landfills, and to have it available to people with Extremely Low finances.  I was part of an organization in Seattle, doing this, but I am not finding others, at least so far, here in North Carolina.

Thanks so far, for all the Responses.

Kenneth Parker