Re: Top 7 Programming Languages That Employers Really Want

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019 15:34:06 +0200
deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joe wrote:
>
> > And it's not so much fundamental languages as the buzzwords, the
> > frameworks, 'agile' programming, AJAX, and things like proprietary
> > CMS (C for both content and customer) systems. Nobody ever asks for
> > basic programming skills.
>
> You are sooo right, but one must understand the language first, to be
> able to use the framework. I bet it is getting extremely difficult
> for newcomers to understand all that stuff and a good guidance is
> extremely valuable.

Indeed. I'm sort-of learning Laravel at the moment. If you're reasonably
competent in PHP and HTML, there's still a steep learning curve. It does
a lot of stuff, but you have to work *its* way e.g. every application
requires a separate virtual server, domain name and therefore DNS (or
multiple /etc/hosts) entry. You can't just drop a directory of stuff
into /www/docroot (as I usually do) and expect it to work.

> IMO the future is in automated frameworks that turn a/the concept
> into code. For example I used swagger (https://swagger.io/) or symfony
> (https://symfony.com/) - of course you have to know the language
> (java or php) - but it is all about the time you need to turn the
> idea into code.

Nothing new under the sun:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_One_(software)

--