Re: Top 7 Programming Languages That Employers Really Want

On 18/10/2019 15:33, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
This is just a quick survey. May I know what programming languages do
you know? I am considering being a programmer or developer.
How long will it take for me to master a programming language like
C++, Java, and Python?

Mastery is a high level goal. Are you trying to learn enough to secure employment in an entry-level position?

Python is easiest to learn and widely used, but not commonly used in packaged products. Java is the most widely used, and designed as a more portable and easier to learn alternative to C++, which is also widely used. C++ is by far the hardest.

Do you have a particular industry in mind? The choice of language will follow the domain.

Software development is about much more than just programming: teamwork, engineering practices, and personal technical and business problem-solving ability. What is your background?

A great way to learn is to choose an open source project that uses a language of interest to you and contribute bug fixes to it. Proven ability on open source projects is a great way of building your resume.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director