Re: udev being an ass

On Wednesday 28 August 2019 15:42:56 Brian wrote:

> On Wed 28 Aug 2019 at 15:05:18 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I've resorted to the chattr on more than one occasion.  Works well
> > if you can get it all done before before the timer runs the N-M
> > script again.
>
> Users (particularly new users) who read chattr(1), and who think
> getting their own way with chattr is a good way to go, are deluded.
> Setting up a simple network never requires it. If you think it is -
> you have lost.

Haveing quite successfully used chattr to defeat N_M from tearing down a
perfectly good network setup ever since N_M was introduced as Gods gift
to Woman over a decade ago, I'll claim to have won that battle.

If you can't say something constructive Brian, please just stfu. I won't
claim to speak for the rest of the list, but I am damned tired of your
negative attitude. You have, I assume the same clothes to get glad in
that you got mad in. Use them.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis