Re: udev being an ass

On Wed 28 Aug 2019 at 19:59:53 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 August 2019 15:42:56 Brian wrote:
> > On Wed 28 Aug 2019 at 15:05:18 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > I've resorted to the chattr on more than one occasion.  Works well
> > > if you can get it all done before before the timer runs the N-M
> > > script again.
> >
> > Users (particularly new users) who read chattr(1), and who think
> > getting their own way with chattr is a good way to go, are deluded.
> > Setting up a simple network never requires it. If you think it is -
> > you have lost.
>
> Haveing quite successfully used chattr to defeat N_M from tearing down a
> perfectly good network setup ever since N_M was introduced as Gods gift
> to Woman over a decade ago, I'll claim to have won that battle.
>
> If you can't say something constructive Brian, please just stfu. I won't
> claim to speak for the rest of the list, but I am damned tired of your
> negative attitude. You have, I assume the same clothes to get glad in
> that you got mad in. Use them.

Unfortunately, virtually every conversation about any of your systems
begins with a tirade about how Debian is completely broken, whether
it's the partitioner, the screen reader, aptitude, ncurses,
network-manager, resolvconf, IPv6, CUPS, logging and log rotation,
tail, ssh, ip, man pages generally, kmail's font rendering, brltty,
or Debian's policy on stable and any improvements in its security
policies. That's 4½ years worth. And everything becomes a battle,
an enemy that must be defeated, often by reckless means.

Cheers,
David.