Re: Changing nameservers - WAS "Which resolv.conf file?"

On 7/31/19 12:17 PM, Bob Bernstein wrote:

> Sure enough, there it was, for eth0. I commented it out and added a line
> for the nameserver I wanted, and bingo, we have lift off.

That works, but if you want to specify the DNS server, delete those 2
DNS lines in /etc...interfaces, and edit /etc/resolv.conf.

And rm -rf /etc/resolvconf. How often do you want to change your DNS
server? And when you do, edit /etc/resolv.conf.

There are those of us who hate 'helpful' software...

--
Glenn English