Re: Changing nameservers - WAS "Which resolv.conf file?"

SOLVED, I think.

After all the reading you guys gave me I sat pondering this morning, and it dawned on me that if I looked at 'interfaces' and found that darn 8.8.8.8 ip in there, that I might have the clue I needed.

Sure enough, there it was, for eth0. I commented it out and added a line for the nameserver I wanted, and bingo, we have lift off.

I know, I know; I posted the contents of 'interfaces' in reply to Andrei's request last night, but at that point in the proceedings I did not see its significance.

Thank you

--
These are not the droids you are looking for.