Re: Assorted arm-buster problems - network configuration

On 2019-07-04 15:40, Gene Heskett wrote:

On 2019-07-04 09:42, Gene Heskett wrote:
<snipped>

> Sorry, I don't see it that way, I see a concentrated effort to make
> me use dhcpd, instead of static, every machine in the system knows
> the address of ALL the other machines on my local 192.168.xx.nn/24
> network.
>
> Using dhcp means I'd have to setup a 2nd this side of my router. I
> will try to make ssh work later today, and I will reanswer this
> message if I can do that.

I like having ipfire or pfsense  on a separate box doing DHCP server.
you can make other PCs static by making their lease fixed.
and then everything is in one place.
well that's how I understand it anyway.

mick.
I do have a dhcpd configured in dd-wrt. but its set to only respond to
the MAC's of my sons smartfones when they come by and I enable the
radio. That way their phones can use my bandwidth. If I could control
which way those are bridged so the local AMC's see locals at fixed
addresses, while the wifi stuff is bridged only to the internet, that
would be ideal.

pfsense, ipfire have got handy web GUI's for all that.
I have WAP plugged in that is blocked to the local network but allowed to the internet.

got to say I admire your tenacity.

cheers

mick

--