Re: Assorted arm-buster problems - network configuration

On 2019-07-04 09:42, Gene Heskett wrote:
<snipped>
Sorry, I don't see it that way, I see a concentrated effort to make me
use dhcpd, instead of static, every machine in the system knows the
address of ALL the other machines on my local 192.168.xx.nn/24 network.

Using dhcp means I'd have to setup a 2nd this side of my router. I will
try to make ssh work later today, and I will reanswer this message if I
can do that.

I like having ipfire or pfsense  on a separate box doing DHCP server.
you can make other PCs static by making their lease fixed.
and then everything is in one place.
well that's how I understand it anyway.

mick.

--