Re: That time IPv6 farted in Gene's church (Was Re: forcedeth?)

On 27.05.19 23:32, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> No, seriously I would like to get some user feedback to the question.
> And also why is net-tools being deprecated?

It's not. You and I fully approve of it, so it's fine for the use cases
in which it gives the desired results. (See ifconfig use on this thread.)

It's Network-Munger which I have had to deprecate right off my machines
in the past, in order to get static networking running.

If I were Gene, I'd blow it away first, ask questions afterwards. But
that's just my experience. His WV mountain gremlins might have placed
other obstacles, but one less can only help in this case.

Erik