Re: That time IPv6 farted in Gene's church (Was Re: forcedeth?)

On 05/27/2019 12:54 PM, Brian wrote:
On Mon 27 May 2019 at 10:19:45 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

On 05/27/2019 12:46 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2019-05-27, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

If Network Manager is giving you grief, please go bark up /that/ tree
(I can't say much about N-M, because I banned it from my boxes about
ten years ago: I was at a customer's, in his LAN via an Ethernet, when
N-M suddenly saw a WLAN out there, out the window and said "oh, let's
go online over there" and obliterated my network setting in favor of
some seedy captive portal. That was when I decided that N-M and me,
we aren't made for each other).

This is a grave bug. I suppose we can assume from your description that
the seedier the wifi portal, the more likely it is to spontaneously
occur, despite any and all user configuration or intervention.

Would it be possible to post the link to your bug report? To your
knowledge has the bug been fixed since you reported it a decade ago?  As
many users here including myself rely on the N-M app, I'm sure we would
all be interested in knowing where we stand.

Who needs NetworkManager and why?

Curt's query was concise and to the point. You are obviously unable
to respond to it in a manner which advances the discusion. Hence your
pathetic attempt at topic divergence.

Please try to read and respond sympathetically to the posts in -user.

No, seriously I would like to get some user feedback to the question.
And also why is net-tools being deprecated?
--
Jimmy Johnson

14.2 - KDE - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda9 - Registered Linux User #380263