Re: how to display html files on google drives

On 4/21/19, Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:

>    In a previous post, I said:
>> what I want to do is to give access
>> to other people to the html file, in order that they can display
>> the images together with the comments contained in the html.
>
>     more precisely, I want to give access to the images AND their
> associated
>     comments (generally 1 or 2 lines)
>     If not html, what do you suggest to do that?
>     (the html support was is also discontinued in Dropbox)

I left it go the first time I saw that, but there you go, you keep
saying that. *grin*

There's a Github project called "Beaker Browser" that describes itself
as an experimental peer-to-peer Web browser. I first read about it via
something like Linux dotCom newsletter maybe. I've been trying to mess
with it for way too long and still have not gotten anywhere for any
number of reasons.

It's part of that whole Nodejs/NPM kind of thing. I made the most
progress I've had yet just last night by attempting to use "yarn"
("yarnpkg") instead of npm.

DISCLAIMER: If your system is "pristine" Debian/Linux, I think this is
not that, but I might be misunderstanding that whole deal.

Anyway, they're over here:

https://github.com/beakerbrowser/beaker

Maybe you can get a better feel from checking that out right there. I
get the feeling it's just a couple of VERY NICE people working on it.

All the cool kids keep throwing the term "dat" around over there.
Maybe one of these years I'll finally get a copy of Beaker installed
(on dialup) so that I can finally catch up to speed with what the
doodle a dat is.. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey