Re: Exploring package interrelationships

On 4/15/19, tomas@tuxteam.de <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> Debootstrap is a harsh mistress (yeah, stolen from somewhere). But
> you might end up liking it once you get the hang of it...

Don't know if I ever heard that, at least not that I can remember that
topic specifically. I just know that debootstrap always *WORKS FOR
ME*.

Well, *IT WORKS* except for that one time that root kept yelling, "I
HAVE NO NAME!" That eventually turned out to be caused by symlinking
/debootstrap-directory/var/cache/apt/archives to an offline dotDEB
file hoard. Accidentally discovered that using "mount -B" instead of
"ln -s" solved root's identity crisis.

I've been "bored" lately and so was going to spend some time nosing
around to see if any other methods are dialup friendly. What you
said... I'll have to poke around at that, too. Something in the very
back of my head is nagging that I may have read some disgruntled
chatter LONG before it ever made enough sense to find a more permanent
spot toward the front of the class where its topic would remain more..
[conscionable]. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey