Re: Cannot re-install synaptic on Buster.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 08:18:20AM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
> I get info on what is in buster from this page
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/NewInBuster
>
> Would it be worth updating this page so others know to use
> gnome-packagekit instead, even if this information is elsewhere.

As end users, we don't know how the synaptic situation is going to play
out.  It may be removed permanently, or the bug that caused its removal
may be fixed/closed in any of several possible ways.

So for us, it's wait and see.

Recommending a vastly inferior GNOME substitute isn't what I consider a
proper, permanent solution.  But it's a wiki, and you have just as much
right to edit it as I do, if you think the advice will be useful.