Re: Exploring package interrelationships

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 08:38:48AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

[...]

> [...]

Start with what debootstrap [1] gives you and work up from there.
This is what any regular Debian installer does to get itself started.
That's what I do when trying to get a minimal install.

But beware: debootstrap is perhaps more minimal than what you might
consider minimal. No GUI. Not even an SSH daemon. But apt.

Debootstrap is a harsh mistress (yeah, stolen from somewhere). But
you might end up liking it once you get the hang of it...

Cheers

[1] Apart from having (of course) its extensive manual page,
  it has an entry in the Debian wiki:
  https://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap

-- t