Re: Cannot re-install synaptic on Buster.

On 15/04/2019 07:03, Reco wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 01:24:32AM -0400, Kieran Smyth wrote:
>> For reasons unknown to me, synaptic uninstalled itself about three weeks
>> ago. I am using Buster on the desktop, with MATE as my desktop environment.
>
> Synaptic was removed from testing two weeks ago, see #818366.
>
>> I like using a GUI frontend to apt, and if anyone can help me get it back
>> on my system i'd really appreciate it.
>
> You're not supposed to use synaptic in Wayland session anymore. Consider
> using gnome-packagekit instead.
>
> Reco

Hi Reco,

Thanks for your reply, as, on a related note, this helps me with the
basic presentation that I an working on.  I was aware that synaptic is
now removed, but I wasn't aware what it it had been replaced with

I get info on what is in buster from this page

https://wiki.debian.org/NewInBuster

Would it be worth updating this page so others know to use
gnome-packagekit instead, even if this information is elsewhere.

Regards

Paul

--
Paul Sutton