Re: Cannot re-install synaptic on Buster.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:15:48AM +0300, Reco wrote:
Debian project, like the most distributions, ships GNOME as a
primary/default Desktop Envirionment. Therefore one can expect that this
GNOME's "feature"-to-be will be included in Debian sooner or later, and
once done the "feature" can affect other, seemingly unrelated packages.
A synaptic comes to mind here ☺.

The decision to ship GNOME as the default desktop is regularly revisited: And
if a future GNOME release dropped X support altogether, you can be sure that
would be a factor in the re-evaluation that would follow.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland