Re: Printer pull half of a second blank page after the first printed page and stops

On Tue 19 Mar 2019 at 02:08:17 +0500, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

> On 19.03.2019 1:56, Brian wrote:

> >> I didn't advocated per se the installation of upstream package, the
> >> point was to tell OP of it's existence, among the other things.
> >> As I stated before, I never used hplip myself, but it's good to know it
> >> is already in official repositories.
> > You could have checked beforehand.
> There are so many things in my life I'd like to check beforehand.

On Debian:

apt search hplip

I do not know if that applies to all the other things in your life you
want to know about.

> >> $ rmadison -s stretch,stretch-backports hplip
> >> hplip      | 3.16.11+repack0-3      | stable            | source, amd64,
> >> arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips, mips64el, mipsel, ppc64el, s390x
> >> hplip      | 3.18.12+dfsg0-2~bpo9+1 | stretch-backports | source, amd64,
> >> arm64, armel, armhf, i386, mips, mips64el, mipsel, ppc64el, s390x
> >>
> >> I would recommend to install upstream package only if the most recent
> >> version of it is absolutely required and I highly doubt it is required
> >> in this case.
> > You doubt correctlly.
> >
> >> But even then, personally, I'd try to build a backport from source
> >> package available from 'experimental' first, or build from a tarball and
> >> use tools, like 'checkinstall', to make a simple deb package.
> >> Those procedures are right thing to do, but it's for the users to decide
> >> if they are up for the task, because these procedures often require
> >> serious time investment and expertise.
> > Unnecessary. Backports already exist. It's only a matter of checking.
> >
> The latest version of hplip (3.19.1) is only available in 'experimental'
> for now, so backport of it for stretch doesn't exist. You'd know that
> it's only matter of checking. :)

Experimental packages (by their very nature) are not backported.

In any case, what good is it supposed to do for this ancient printer?

--
Brian.