Re: Printer pull half of a second blank page after the first printed page and stops

On 17.03.2019 23:09, Markos wrote:

Hi,

I am having problems with my HP Laserjet 1020 printer installed in Debian 9 "Stretch".
I installed the drivers from: http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/

bash$ wget -O foo2zjs.tar.gz http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/foo2zjs.tar.gz
bash$ tar -xzvf foo2zjs.tar.gz
bash$ cd foo2zjs
bash$ make
bash$ ./getweb 1020

and

bash# make install
bash# make install-hotplug

It worked normally for about 5 years, but suddenly started the following problem:

When I print multiple pages, it prints only the first page and pulls a second blank sheet until the half of the sheet and stops.

To remove the sheet I need to turn off, remove the toner cartridge and pull the sheet.

Any tip about what may be the cause of this problem?

Thanks,

Markos

Why not use officially supported driver from HP [1] [2], instead of so me fishy package that states "DON'T USE the foo2zjs package from: * Debian *" on their website.
At least you can expect from HP driver to work as intended, because your printer model is supported. I didn't used it myself, but it looks promising and at least sane thing to try.
And if printer still won't work normally, well I've suspected a hardware problem from the very beginning. It could be a wear on some small parts in paper feeding area and/or some sensor is triggering during printing procedure.
One way to test if printer itself is working, is to print a few test pages from printer itself, without connection to a computer(or network in case of printer with NIC).

[1] https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/gethplip
[2] https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/install/install/index

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.