Printer pull half of a second blank page after the first printed page and stops

Hi,

I am having problems with my HP Laserjet 1020 printer installed in Debian 9 "Stretch".
I installed the drivers from: http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/

bash$ wget -O foo2zjs.tar.gz http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/foo2zjs.tar.gz
bash$ tar -xzvf foo2zjs.tar.gz
bash$ cd foo2zjs
bash$ make
bash$ ./getweb 1020

and

bash# make install
bash# make install-hotplug

It worked normally for about 5 years, but suddenly started the following problem:

When I print multiple pages, it prints only the first page and pulls a second blank sheet until the half of the sheet and stops.

To remove the sheet I need to turn off, remove the toner cartridge and pull the sheet.

Any tip about what may be the cause of this problem?

Thanks,

Markos