Re: Fstab Questions (Final time)

Hi, I would like to offer you a general tip for future queries.

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 at 22:44, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Here is my current drive structure:

[...]
> Here are the the results of blkid:

[...]
> Here is the curerent fstab (missing exteraneous comment statements):

[...]

>From the perspective of someone reading your message in order to
possibly assist you, this style of presenting information is unsettling,
because often the output of a command can be different
depending on the details of the command used. There's no need to
write "here are the results of", just copy and paste both the entire
command and its output. For examples:

# lsblk
NAME    MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda       8:0    0 931.5G  0 disk

# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=FOO    /        ext4    errors=remount-ro    0 1

Or
  cat /etc/fstab | grep -v '^#'
if you want to strip comments.

That style is both more concise, and more informative to the reader.