Re: systemd error

On 2019-03-10, Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:

>> I have
>>
>>  After=network-online.target
>>  Wants=network-online.target
>>
>> as per this bug report:
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=861231
>
> That's good for listening INADDR_ANY, but it's not sufficient in this
> particular case.
>

>> Perhaps I'm missing something here.
>
> network-online.target does not guarantee that specific network
> interfaces will be present.
> For instance, enp7s0 can be configured instantly (static IP assignment),
> wlp6s0 can lag behind it (dhcp assignment).

I thought it might have something to do with the fact that were two network
interfaces but then wondered what the following was for, in that case:

 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/minissdpd -i $MiniSSDPd_INTERFACE_ADDRESS

Maybe not for what we need here.

--
“Let us again pretend that life is a solid substance, shaped like a globe,
which we turn about in our fingers. Let us pretend that we can make out a plain