Re: systemd error

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 2:45 AM Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:
        Hi.

On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 04:00:05PM -0500, Default User wrote:
> Hi.  Got a (minor) systemd problem.
>            └─3684 /usr/sbin/minissdpd -i enp7s0 -i wlp6s0
> So, although the minissdpd.service unit is enables, it does not start
> automatically at boot, but will start manually using systemctl start/stop.

What is most likely happening at boot is that systemd tries to start
minissdpd before configuring interfaces enp7s0 and wlp6s0.
So it fails at boot, but works for manual restart because by then you
have both enp7s0 and wlp6s0 up and running.
Adding a dependency in the form of:

[Unit]
After=sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp7s0.device sys-subsystem-net-devices-wlp6s0.device
Requires=sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp7s0.device sys-subsystem-net-devices-wlp6s0.device

Should help with the issue.

Reco

Hi, Reco.
Thanks for the reply and information.

Since I know very little about systemd, may I ask, should:

[Unit]
After=sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp7s0.device sys-subsystem-net-devices-wlp6s0.device
Requires=sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp7s0.device sys-subsystem-net-devices-wlp6s0.device

be appended to an existing .service or .target file, or should a new .service or .target file be created with these contents? And if a new file is needed, what should it be named, and in what directory should it be placed?