Re: systemd error

On 2019-03-08, Default User <hunguponcontent@gmail.com> wrote:

> doofus@doofus:~$ sudo systemctl status
> [sudo] password for doofus:
> doofus
>     State: degraded
>      Jobs: 0 queued
>    Failed: 1 units

I believe sudo (or root) isn't required for this command (nor is it
needed for some of the other, interrogative systemctl commands further
down, which I've snipped in the interests of brevity).

Elevated privileges are needed for starting and stopping services, of
course.

As keystroke frugality is one of the frequently expressed ideals of the
group (though often when other arguments seem unconvincing), if only
for that I thought you'd like to know.

--
“Let us again pretend that life is a solid substance, shaped like a globe,
which we turn about in our fingers. Let us pretend that we can make out a plain