Re: systemd error

	Hi.

On Sat, Mar 09, 2019 at 09:27:35PM -0500, Default User wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 2:45 AM Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 04:00:05PM -0500, Default User wrote:
> > > Hi.  Got a (minor) systemd problem.
> > >            └─3684 /usr/sbin/minissdpd -i enp7s0 -i wlp6s0
> > > So, although the minissdpd.service unit is enables, it does not start
> > > automatically at boot, but will start manually using systemctl
> > start/stop.
> >
> > What is most likely happening at boot is that systemd tries to start
> > minissdpd before configuring interfaces enp7s0 and wlp6s0.
> > So it fails at boot, but works for manual restart because by then you
> > have both enp7s0 and wlp6s0 up and running.
> > Adding a dependency in the form of:
> >
> > [Unit]
> > After=sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp7s0.device
> > sys-subsystem-net-devices-wlp6s0.device
> > Requires=sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp7s0.device
> > sys-subsystem-net-devices-wlp6s0.device
>
> Hi, Reco.
> Thanks for the reply and information.
>
> Since I know very little about systemd, may I ask, should:
>
> [Unit]
> After=sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp7s0.device
> sys-subsystem-net-devices-wlp6s0.device
> Requires=sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp7s0.device
> sys-subsystem-net-devices-wlp6s0.device
>
> be appended to an existing .service or .target file, or should a new
> .service or .target file be created with these contents? And if a new file
> is needed, what should it be named, and in what directory should it be
> placed?

To do it proper systemd way, you should do the following:

# directory name is crucial
mkdir /etc/systemd/system/minissdpd.service.d
# file name is not important
cat > /etc/systemd/system/minissdpd.service.d/override.conf << EOF
[Unit]
After=sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp7s0.device sys-subsystem-net-devices-wlp6s0.device
Requires=sys-subsystem-net-devices-enp7s0.device sys-subsystem-net-devices-wlp6s0.device
EOF

systemctl daemon-reload

Just to be free of the formatting errors, you should create one directory,
and add three lines to one file inside it.

Reco