Re: Sources list, was Re: Gparted error report

On 1/2/19, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
> On 01/01/2019 07:59 PM, David Wright wrote:

>>> If you've been keeping the system updated, shouldn't it say 9.6?
>>
>> Yes, but you have to know about the OP's habits.
>>

> Yepp. But I assert my habits are the result of conscious decisions.
> I have atypical goals & constraints which intrinsically result in an
> atypical system.
>
> My "update routine" has been to purchase a new DVD set as required
> {normally two per major release}. YMMV ;/

Weren't you the one asking about how to make a local repo for updates
so you didn't have to download any given update more than once?  But
if you're deliberately not updating.. well, it certainly answers the
question of how to tell if you're missing updates or not.

Regards,
Lee