Re: printers

On 2018-12-13 20:42, Michael Stone wrote:
On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 07:44:29PM +0000, mick crane wrote:
I have a debian buster PC that works as a print server. I can send files to it from windows

How? Do you have samba and the windows machines print via smb, or are
they printing via ipp?

I have another debian buster PC that I sometimes fiddle about on and I'd like to type on that.
"lpr filename"
I don't want the cups sever on it just to print.

You should be able to do that with just the cups-client package and
setting /etc/cups/client.conf to contain "ServerName whatever" where
"whatever" is the hostname or IP of your print server.

Ok that does it.
would be cool if client.conf already existed with line saying
# put ipaddress of print server here.

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31