Re: printers

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 09:03:45PM +0000, mick crane wrote:
Ok Is no samba, I look cups-client conf, mostly was preamble. Question was curious why can't authenticate with xfce GUI System|Print settings

If you are in a client-only configuration you can't set things on the client side--you're actually trying to change the server settings. So lpq should work, but lpadmin won't. (Unless you additionally configure cups to allow remote administration, which is by default (I think--it's been a long time since I had a default config) tighter than just being able to print.)