what to do with gtk-2/gtk-3 clash?

trying to start Firefox (from Mozilla), Pan, Google-Chrome-Stable generates:

TK+ 2.x symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported

(I use Trinity-Desktop which extends KDE3.)

I first noticed the problem after upgrading Firefox from Mozilla's site. it came up without vertical scrollbars. I tried to sort this out by changing themes and their properties. that is likely the source of the issue.

the stuff I find online offers nothing useful if you are not developing code.

guidance sought.

fjd

--
Felmon Davis