Re: debian-9.5.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso missing files for install without mirror

On Tue 06 Nov 2018 at 09:57:03 (+0000), Brian wrote:
> On Mon 05 Nov 2018 at 23:29:16 -0500, David Wright wrote:
> > On Mon 05 Nov 2018 at 21:11:46 (+0100), Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> >
> > > PS : aren't you confusing "netinst" with "netboot", which requires a
> > > network connection to a mirror ?
> >
> > I've never used netboot as it's too complicated to bother with in
> > my situation. In addition, I always need non-free firmware to run
> > all the wired and wireless NICs.
>
> The mini.iso is functionally equivalent to netbooting d-i. Using it is
> no more complicated than using a netinst iso.

Eh? Why would I want to set up a TFTP service just to install via
netboot on the two PCs that can boot from the NIC when I've already
downloaded a netinst image for the rest?

> and non-free firmware can
> be put on the medium.

But it's already on the netinst firmware image.

Anyway, I think you can see that I'm hardly likely to confuse netinst
with netboot, which is the point I was making.

Cheers,
David.