Re: debian-9.5.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso missing files for install without mirror

Le 05/11/2018 à 16:51, David Wright a écrit :
On Sun 04 Nov 2018 at 16:53:19 (+0100), Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Le 04/11/2018 à 16:44, David Wright a écrit :

I was under the impression that "netinst" stood for "network installer",
so the image only contains what's essential to bootstrap a standard
system (or greater) from the network (Internet or local mirror).

Netinst images contain everything required to install a functional
basic system even without a network.

Sure, except for the fact that I don't know how your "functional basic
system" is defined. But I am assuming that it's something less than
your system (above) with "all packages with Priority: standard and
their dependencies", which is designed to provide "a reasonably small
but not too limited char-mode system" (Debian Policy Manual).

Not much less than this. Some "standard" packages may be missing.

What it is, exactly, that you get by installing from netinst without
any Internet connection whatsoever would, I think, require an
experiment.

Been there, done that. As I wrote above.

PS : aren't you confusing "netinst" with "netboot", which requires a network connection to a mirror ?