Re: i386 version for chrome

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 12:18:42PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 28 October 2018 10:51:50 Michael Stone wrote:

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 10:58:49PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>It *looks* like a misunderstood reference to nsswitch.conf maybe:
>
>hosts:          files dns

We've been through this before, explained it thoroughly, he never
listens, then he brings it back again and the cycle repeats. It's
impossible to debug his setup because he ignores the advice and clings
to stuff that doesn't make any sense and can't possibly work.

Except its worked for 20 years, why doesn't it work now? And if its been
changed, why is that change not noted in the man pages?

As has been explained to you over and over, it never worked. In no version of debian did it ever do anything like what you seem to think it did. But, I'm sure you'll ignore this time also.

2 good questions.

I disagree.