Re: i386 version for chrome

On Sunday 28 October 2018 10:51:50 Michael Stone wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 10:58:49PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >It *looks* like a misunderstood reference to nsswitch.conf maybe:
> >
> >hosts:          files dns
>
> We've been through this before, explained it thoroughly, he never
> listens, then he brings it back again and the cycle repeats. It's
> impossible to debug his setup because he ignores the advice and clings
> to stuff that doesn't make any sense and can't possibly work.

Except its worked for 20 years, why doesn't it work now? And if its been
changed, why is that change not noted in the man pages?

2 good questions.

If the best you can do is take pot shots at me for asking why, its best
dropped as I've found an install that works on arm64 in armbian.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)