Re: i386 version for chrome

On 2018-10-28, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

>> I'm reading:
>>
>>  dns-search determines which domain is appended for dns lookups.
>>  Normally you will specify here the same domain as returned by
>> hostname -f.*
>
> Which is itself and patently wrong for this since the local dns query
> path is supposed to be the hosts file first, and failing that ask
> dnsmasq in the router, failing finding it in the dnsmasq cache, it gets
> forwarded to the dns server at my ISP. And I've had it setup that way
> since red hat 5.1 in 1998. 20 years of linux, and another 10 before that
> with AmigaDos.

The only examples of the dns-search parameter I can find (besides yours)
are of the sort found in the resolv.conf wiki:

https://wiki.debian.org/resolv.conf

 With resolvconf installed, you can tell it to do nothing whenever some daemon
 tries to modify resolv.conf, by putting resolvconf=NO in the
 /etc/resolvconf.conf file. (Note: this is not the /etc/resolv.conf file!)

 Alternatively, you can use dns-nameserver entries in the appropriate stanza in
 /etc/network/interfaces:

 iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.3
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    dns-nameserver 192.168.1.254
    dns-nameserver 8.8.8.8
    dns-search foo.org bar.com

--
"Now she understood that Anna could not have been in lilac, and that her charm
was just that she always stood out against her attire, that her dress could