Re: i386 version for chrome

David wrote:
>On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 at 05:21, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>
>There seems to be an ongoing theme here with lines that look like
>  *search hosts dns
>popping up in other places in Gene's system.
>
>See:
>https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/10/msg00857.html
>https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/10/msg00859.html
>
>Gene, the line
>> >dns-search hosts dns
>that you show above does not match anything documented by
>the manpages on wheezy. I checked
>  interfaces(5)
>  resolv.conf(5)
>  resolvconf(8)
>  nsswitch.conf(5)
>
>Gene, what are you trying to achieve with that line?

It *looks* like a misunderstood reference to nsswitch.conf maybe:

hosts:          files dns

(from my system).

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html