Re: i386 version for chrome

	Hi.

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 07:04:02AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Ever consider you're doing it the wrong way?
> > This will work:
> >
> > iface eth0 inet static
> > 	address 192.168.NN.12
> > 	netmask 24
> > 	gateway 192.168.NN.1
> >
> in 20 years, I have never seen that syntax used. What man page do I find
> that format in.

interfaces(5), the usual place.

> > -vvv is not documented, and I'm too lazy to dig into the source to see
> > if it does something at all.
> >
> > ifdown eth0
> > ifup -v eth0
> >
> > > What log file, on stretch, would I find that trace data in?
> >
> > Stdout/stderr, as documented by ifup(8).
>
> Too volatile, scrolled off screen by the remainder of the boot. I want a
> log file I can insert into an email. Then we'll all see whats happening.

Er, Gene, -v is there for user invocations, not for init scripts.
/etc/init.d/networking uses ordinary ifup, as nobody will want seeing
all those gory implementation details at each boot.

> > > Theres not anything in /v/l/syslog w/o the -v.
> >
> > And there should not be anything about ifupdown, unless someone
> > redirects stdout/stderr of /etc/init.d/networking to syslog.
>
> Howto?

Don't. Simply don't. It requires wrapping with '| logger' every
ifup/ifdown at /etc/init.d/networking.

Reco