Re: Sid: NFS after upgrade [solved] please fix /etc/init.d/rpcbind

On 10/28/18 11:27 AM, Grzesiek Sójka wrote:
Hi there,

I just upgraded Sid and now I get the following during boot:

[....] Configuring network interfaces.../etc/init.d/rpcbind: 42: /etc/init.d/rpcbind: stat: not found
/run/rpcbind not owned by root failed!
Starting NFS common utilities: statd
Not starting: portmapper is not running ... (warning).
mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
done.
[ ok ] Starting RPC port mapper daemon: rpcbind.
[ ok ] Starting NFS common utilities: statd.

The problem is caused by wrong setting of the PATH variable during the execution of the /etc/init.d/rpcbind script. The new version uses stat binary which is located in /usr/bin but the PATH is set to PATH='/sbin:/bin'. As a workaround I added PATH="$PATH:/usr/bin" to /etc/init.d/rpcbind. It works fine now.

Please fix init scripts.

--
Pozdrawiam
Grzesiek

Wysłane z kompa wolnego od wirusów Billa Gatesa.