Re: basilisk-browser

On 18/10/2018 18.16, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
What the world needs (badly) is more browser alternatives. I'm
seeing everything converging towards the dystopia where one huge
corporation controls the server and the client. We had that, and
it wasn't pretty; nowadays with smartphones, always-on, IoT and
perhaps worse, we are far more vulnerable to that (business?) model.

Have to sadly agree. Corporate unification has already been accomplished in the post-PC world of touchpads, but now on Debian we essentially have the choice of Firefox or Chromium. Nothing else looks safe. The modern web is so complicated that maintaining security patches for a browser is no longer something that small teams of enthusiastic amateurs can handle, IMO.

--
John