Re: Micro-report: using Stable without systemd

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 05:28:04PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> The point is that no one from the systemd camp has, to my knowledge,
> posted a list of things it can do better than sysvinit. Point out
> sysvinit's warts, and what systemd does to excise the ugly stuff.

I'm not really in "the systemd camp", but I'm definitely in the group
of people who want to get away from sysv-rc because of its tremendous
flaws.

In addition to the responses you've already received, here's one in
the form of a Frequently Given Answer.  I consider it a good starting
point if you're already an experienced sysadmin.

http://jdebp.eu./FGA/system-5-rc-problems.html

That said, it might not be the best starting point for novices who are
wondering what all this stuff even *means*.