Re: Micro-report: using Stable without systemd

On Tue 16/Oct/2018 17:52:15 +0200 Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 04:18:52PM +0200, john doe wrote:
>> Hopefully, both parties (Debian/Devian) will come back to there senses
>> and will find a way to accomodate supporting Systemd and an alternative
>> init daemon.
>
> In the case of Debian, I don't think anyone is short of their senses.
> Those who want sysvinit to stay are clear that they want help and will
> work with others. There are just not *that* many volunteers who actually
> care about it.

I don't think Devuan will ever want to accommodate systemd.  Since they will
support sysvinit anyway, it looks like Debian will take their cooperation to
keep it alive.

SysV sounds stable enough to not require a lot of maintenance.  I hope systemd
won't steer toward incompatible dependencies, though.  I mean packages that
would depend on more than shim emulations.

Best
Ale