Re: Micro-report: using Stable without systemd

On 2018-10-16 18:11, Greg Wooledge wrote:
#1 is ssh -Y has been killed from jessie on. No excuse for doing it and
bug filing is ignored.

I don't know what you mean by this.  I just performed the following
experiment on my stretch workstation (wooledg), in communications with
a stretch server (arc3) elsewhere on our network.

1) Already logged into wooledg, I opened a new urxvt window.

2) In this window, I typed: ssh -Y arc3

3) After authenticating to arc3 with a password, at the shell prompt, I
   typed: xterm

4) After a moment, a new xterm window appeared on my display.

5) Inside this xterm, to confirm that the xterm was running on arc3,
   I typed: uname -a

Terminal sessions shown without modification:

works here with Buster.
"ssh -Y me@otherPC"
"xclock"

xclock appears