Re: Upgrading with a low data cap

On 10/10/2018 02:53 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2018-10-09, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

It's about time some invented a WiFi device which plugs into a USB
port.

Not needed, you can buy such a dongle from netgear for at least half a
decade or longer. I was out of ports on the 4 port in the shop, so I

I interpreted B's comment as pure snark of the variety inspired by
Richard's old-school and sometimes purely fictional and/or volitional
and/or self-imposed constraints. But maybe you're right, and the guy's
(B) been living in a closet for the last decade or so with the brooms
and the mops.

I think this all goes back to discovering a USB-USB device that would allow connecting two computers with the same topology/advantages/disadvantages as an "RS232C null modem". It did not work out-of-the-box in the manner *I* expected. The ramifications pointed to voids in my expertise. I pursued further as an *EDUCATIONAL* experience. As I (being past three score and ten) have said before "If retirement isn't for education, what use is it."

I have no desire nor need for a traditional LAN. Also shoe leather express with a flash drive has actual idiosyncratic advantages.
End of editorial <grin>