Re: Why does Debian allow all incoming traffic by default

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 06:04:59PM -0400, songbird wrote:
 whenever i install a new system i include ufw (a firewall
program) just to catch any funny stuff that might try to
come through.

Another vote for ufw from me. It's certainly easier for the simple
use-cases than raw iptables (and has some nicer properties), I think
it's also significantly nicer than firewall-cmd, a similar tool that
has a much worse UX for the simplest case.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland